Monday, February 11, 2008

Look before you Leap!

You know what makes me happy? Leap years. You forget about them every other year, but once every four years there's a whole nother 24 hours to play with. I think february 29th should be a national holiday that people aren't allowed to work on. It's a free day! All the other years when you're thinking, "Man, I just wish there was more time in the year." Well, this year- there is! What isn't exciting about that?
The image “http://www.joyceimages.com/images/Leap%20Year.JPG” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.

Also, I love when people are born on February 29th. One of the things I remember about elemnetary school is that Mrs. Healy's dad AND son were born on february 29th. Isn't that crazy? Another thing I remember is that the Healy clan was extremely tall... and not by little kid standards, either. Sure I'm short, but when everyone in a family is over 6 feet tall- whew! It hurts my neck just thinking about it. She was a great teacher, though. To be honest, I don't remember exactly everything I learned from her, but I do love school and I think it comes from being excited to go when I was little. Thanks, Mrs. Healy! Also, my dear friend Angie Bonilla ('10) is a leap year baby. I can't wait to celebrate with her this year!


No comments: